Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I AM AMERICAN

My thought on immigration:
If you want to be here, and have that "American Dream" beomce a citizen. The end.

I am so DAMN sick of mexicans telling me im not mexican enough. ok good, bc im not mexican. i was not born nor raised in Mexico. I was born in College Station, Texas, USA! Guess what, I DONT know spanish, I HATE making tortillas, I'll never do cheap labor bc im expensive, I dont 'shank' people, i dont draw on my eyebrows and say orale, I dont drive a lowrider, or cruise south side on sundays, Every meal does not contain rice and beans, do i need to go on? So am i 'less' mexican because of that? FINE. Does that mean i dont know where i come from? NO. Being of mexican heritage isn't in how you act. It's in what you know, and how to better that. I am so sick of people asking me if my parents are mexicano just bc i dont learn spanish... No ma'am they aren't bc like me, and like thier parents. and their parents, and their parents we were born in the USA. And if you wanna get down to it.. i am TEXAN before i am american and american before i am mexican. Then lets add in my german and irsh heritage.. Do i get to celebrate st. patricks day too? Or should the irsh hate on me, like mexicans do bc i dont care to celebrate cinco de mayo or the 16th of september...

Stop acting stupid and illiterate. Stop giving ALL of us a bad name. Do something good for yourself and your family. PLEASE be proud of who you are, and if that is living in AMERICA stop flying your damn mexican flag unless your have the American flag waving right beside it.

My son WILL know who he is. He is half hispanic and have white. He will have the choice the learn spanish if he wants, not because he is part spanish but becaause it intrests him. I wont care if he dates or marries in or out of his "race". I hope he doesnt get the same criticism i get just bc i chose to marry a man with white skin.

I am American. And DAMN proud.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely on one today!! Love what you said and wish more would say it!!

    ReplyDelete